Skip to main content

Always a Tiger!

     When I decided to go to ECU I was told that going to East Central University was going to just be an extension of Ada High School since they are in the same town...whoever said that was incredibly wrong. I started my second year at ECU this week and was reminded how awesome my University is!
     
1.) Small campus with a big community!
I love that I can see people I know every time I leave my dorm room! I know professors, football players, band members, sorority girls and everyone in between. I am so glad that I can be friends with so many different people because I go to a small school. It makes life so much more interesting to have a lot of different kinds of people in your friend group!

2.) Parking
You always hear horror stories about parking at college but at ECU the parking is not a problem and is pretty cheap!

3.) Athletic Teams
I LOVE that I am able to know the college athletes and then get to support them at their games! School spirit is always in style!

4.) Small Classes
I have never had a class with over 100 people and that allows you to get to know the professors really well. If you know the professors than they can help you get scholarships, internships, and all sorts of opportunities!

5.) Family
I live about 10 blocks from my parents. Some people think that this is a major con of going to school so close to home but I am so grateful that my family is so close. I can quickly run home if need be and I get to continue to watch my little siblings grow up. I love that I can be close to my family as I go through these vital years of my life. They are always in my corner and I know that if I am struggling with something they will help me in any way possible.

     ECU (and other small universities) are wonderful colleges and have a ton of pros. I love being a Tiger and hope that you all follow your hearts when it comes to choosing a school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty - Eighteen

Happy New Year!!! Goals and I have had an interesting past. Every year I seem to make more goals than I can even keep track of and by February I am overwhelmed and discouraged. I can't even remember if I made any goals for 2017 and if I did, I certainly didn't keep them. This year, I decided that I wanted to try again with New Year resolutions, but I wanted to be smart and realistic about the goals I made. With this new mindset, I decided that I wanted to make three goals that hopefully will not overwhelm me, but rather encourage me to be a better version of myself for 2018!! My first goal is my spiritual goal for the year and that is scripture study. I haven't promised myself that I am going to read the  Book of Mormon five times or that I am going to get through the entire Bible, instead, I have decided that I just need more scripture study in my life. I need to be more diligent in reading the Book of Mormon every day and I need to study the words of modern proph...

"Kate is a DISASTER at the beach!"

     Hi guys! I had a really good weekend full of fun adventures and am so excited to tell you about them! Okay, the interns here have kind of started this thing that we like to call "Fire Fridays." Every Friday we go out to a fire pit here on campus and have a bonfire complete with smores! It is always a lot of fun. We eat, chat, sing, and dance! We weren't out too late last Friday because we had a field trip on Saturday but it was still an adventurous night! Assateague Island. Beautiful! A stamp for my family's National Park Passport.      Saturday was nice because we got to sleep in and then left for our field trip at noon. We went to Assateague Island and went seining. I really enjoyed this trip and learned a lot! If you know my father, you know that we as a family love to go to as many National Parks as we can and over the years I have developed an affinity for the parks and visitor's centers. The visitor's center at Assateague was really c...

Getting Ready!

I am so not ready to go. I leave tomorrow. I am so not ready to go. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be in Maryland, but the whole process of getting there is stressing me out. I have never flown and I am very nervous about my full day of travel. Once I am in Maryland I hope that I will be able to clam down and enjoy the experience but first I have to get to there. Trying to pack your life in two suitcases is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Things like laundry soap and enough shampoo for over 2 months are essential items but they are also items that take up quite a bit of space in my suitcase.  If nothing else, this experience has taught me that I own too much stuff! I leave tomorrow morning at some ridiculous time (around 4am) to drive to the OKC airport. From there I fly to Dallas then to Philadelphia then to Maryland.  For a girl who has never flown I feel like I will be a pro after this trip! One funny thing that has happened as I have prepared to go is ...